Today’s Transmedia Woman highlights the long list of accomplishments of Ms. Helen Greer of the Greer Entertainment Agency who for more than 50 years has served the Music Industry. This Music Legend was brought to WCNTV’s attention by International Goodwill Ambassador Oscar J. Webb Vice Chairman of World Colours Network Television. 50 Years of working with some of the top talent in the African American Community we celebrate the accomplishments of this Today’s Transemdia Woman, Ms. Helen Greer. we look forward to working with you and supporting the continued longevity of your business success.
Greer Entertainment Agency International
1725 S. Rainbow Boulevard * Suite 2 – #160
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
Office: 702.368.7654 * Fax: 702.253.5796 * Email: email@example.com
Celebrating 51 Years of Booking the Best in the Business !
(Bonded Licensed Entertainment Booking Agent since 1961
‘Booking Entertainment Queen’
Helen Greer with one of her many clients ‘Cab Calloway Look-Alike’ Jesse’
‘The Real Royalty in Booking Agents’
Founder / CEO & President
‘a true Legendary Pioneer in Entertainment’
Greer Entertainment Agency Int’l
‘Celebrating 47 Years of Booking the Best in the Business’
(Bonded Licensed Entertainment Agent since 1961)
BOOKING BIG STARS FOR BIG EVENTS
- Music Concerts Tours
- Music Festivals & Fairs
- Night Clubs & Theatres
- Special VIP Private Events
- Casino Site Appearances
- College Homecomings
- Television Appearances
- Sports Celebrity Appearances
- Lectures from Celebrities
- Celebrities for Churches
- Celebrities for Red Carpet Events
- Artists for Work Shops & Tradeshows
Brief Profile & History of Icon Helen Greer:
In 1960, Helen Greer opened her first talent agency in the City of San Francisco, and in doing so, became the first African-American Female to be licensed and bonded by the State of California.
In 1964, Helen Greer expanded her business by opening up a branch office in Seattle Washington, and again made a bit of history by becoming the first American-American Female to be licensed by the State of Washington as a talent agent.
In 1971, Helen Greer opened her office in Atlanta, Georgia, again challenging the status quo by becoming the first African-American Female to be licensed as a talent agent in the State of Georgia.
During this time, she booked many, many music stars, and worked exclusively with the late great Brook Benton from 1972 until his death in 1986.
In 1980, Helen Greer founded and produced the ‘Top Star Awards’ (compared to a Music Academy Awards style of Show). The show honored local artist throughout the Six Major Cities including Atlanta. Now, President of the Academy Awards, Richard Green worked on Helen Greer’s production team on the original ‘Top Show Awards’. Some say that today’s Academy Awards is of similar style and format of Helen Greer’s one time production.
In 1982, Helen Greer was appointed by Lt. Governor Zell Miller of Georgia to serve as a member of the Citizen’s Advisory Council of the Music Industry Committee in the Georgia Senate, representing the State of Georgia.
In 1995, Helen Greer was awarded a ‘Pioneer Award’ by the Anheuser Busch and COPE (Club Owners Promoters & Entertainers Organization).
Helen Greer is busy with many daily bookings of entertainers, acts from the Temptations, Jeffrey Osburne, Midnight Star, Pattie LaBelle, Al Green, Isaac Hayes, requests recently have come for Rock ‘n’ Roll American Music Award Artist of the Year Kid Rock, from Gospel, R & B, Rock & Blues, and so many more.
In 1996, Helen Greer filed and was granted the exclusive US rights to the Trade Name, the Trademark, and the US Copyright name, Helen recently formed the Delaware Corporation, ‘Cotton Club Revue’. In 2000, Mr. Leonard Reed, 95 years old, and the original and only Producer of the famous Harlem and Broadway Cotton Club Revue joined Helen Greer as her key consultant to the upcoming 2004, Las Vegas Broadway Musical Play, ‘Helen Greer’s Cotton Club Revue’.
In 2003, Ms. Greer licensed the rights to her Helen Greer’s Cotton Club Revue’ to Celebrity Icon Slots, Inc. to create an exciting Slot Machine which pays a tribute to the likeness and sounds of some of the former legends of the Cotton Club Revue. Including, Mr. Leonard Reed, the ‘Shim Sham’ Man. The Helen Greer’s Cotton Club Revue Slot Machine made it debut in at the 2003 Las Vegas Convention Centre Gaming Expo Show in Sept. Her slot machine is expected to be release in 2006/07.
Queen Helen Greer’s Clients served are much to many to list, but her Star Galaxy of Excellence in Booking have included:
* Lou Rawls Blue Magic Al Jarreau The Commodores
* Marlena Shaw The Whipers The Temptations The Impressions
* Arthur Prysock Redd Fox J. Guitar Watson The Ohio Players
* B.B. King The Manhattans Harold Mevin Lakeside
* Midnight Star The O’Jays Natalie Cole Frankie Beverly & Maze
* Lloyd Price * Jerry Butler * Gene Chandler * Ben E. King
* Bootsy Collins …..and many more
FULL LIST OF CLIENTS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
Helen Greer is also an equity partner with the United for the World Evens Group, Inc.
Queen Helen Greer’s Awards and Achievements have been many, to extensive to name them all, however, a few include:
* The Distinguished Contribution Award for Outstanding Promotions of Black Music & Black Musicians National Association of Negro Musicians.
* “The Key to the City” from the Mayor of Las Vegas honoring Queen Helen as the first African-American Female to open a talent agency that is licensed and bonded in the State of Nevada.
* Award from the National Association of Negro Musicians, Inc.
* Award of Excellence Las Vegas Music Industry Entrepreneur Award
* ‘Celebrity Roast Award’ in Atlanta / Entertainment USA Magazine
* Mayor’s Certificate of Commendation / Outstanding Contributions to the Entertainment Industry / City of Los Angeles / Major Richard J. Riordan
* Alliance of Black Technicians Outstanding Achievement Award / State of California Recognition / Diane E. Watson, 26th Senatorial District.
* County of Los Angeles / Outstanding Achievements in Promotions of Black Music & Black Musicians / Yvonne Brathwaite-Burke, Chairwoman.
Important Statement from ‘Queen’ Helen Greer:
“ Customer service is not a department, it is an attitude. In business there is only one Boss, and that is the customers. They can decide to fire everyone in the company, from the CEO& President on down, by spending their money somewhere else. Our solid foundations of excellence remain, ‘Quality, Service, and Teamwork’. The Greer Entertainment Agency Int’l. real Success over the past 47 years of serving my clients and customers have been truly realized by helping to make others Successful.”
For Further Information:
Contact: William ‘Dollar-Bill’ Waller
Director of Business Affairs & Marketing
Helen Greer and The Greer Entertainment Agency Int’l
Chief Field Agent: Ms. Rose Lewis
Contact: Ms. Helen Greer, CEO & President
Phone: 702.368.7654 Fax: 702.253.5796
- Cotton Club & Crescentini Spring 2012 (petite-coquette.co.uk)
- Lena Horne at the Cotton Club In Harlem (harlemworldblog.wordpress.com)
- Golden Globes Fashion Face-Off: Meryl Streep vs. Helen Mirren (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Film and entertainment agency Romley Davies appoints Neil Ashurst from Game (prweek.com)